Did you finish all your back to school shopping yet? I know I never get done with 3 kids in school and them growing like little weeds that need new outfits every few weeks. So I decided to put together the 5 tips and must have items that will keep your little ones styling all the way through middle school.
1. Be Comfortable. That is the key, let the kids pick outfits that they like and feel comfortable in that will give them lots of confidence and helps learning and staying on focus that much more. I know my boys love the sports shorts from Nike and Adidas, they are always comfy, easy to care for and look great. Best part, they won’t break the bank and look nice whether in school or going out to dinner.
2. Be in Sync with every step. Shoes can be a BIG thing for boys as well as girls. So many styles to choose from and colors galore; this will be really the thing for your little ones and they can pick their very own style. My princess is totally into color and loves everything that glitters and blinks; the ASICS® GEL-Noosa Tri™ 8 would be right up her ally; or the oh so comfortable Nike Free 5.0. I bet your little one will find lots of comfy shoes to be walking down the halls.
3. Don’t forget the gym outfit. Oh yeah… if you are anything like me, we forgot the gym outfits and the kids kind of got mad at me. I did end up getting a few sports pants and shirts, so be sure to think about that. Between all the new shoes, outfits and backpacks, gym outfits are probably pushed to the back.
4. Look for a sale. I never pay full price for anything; why pay if it will end up on sale anyways. Just be patient and you can save a bunch of money; buy ahead. If you already know your kids will play soccer in the fall, buy the next size up when you see the sales or clearance for the year; you know they always need a next size up shoes; if you find a deal, grab it. You will always be prepared and ton’ have to run out and pay high sticker price for something that will end up on sale, just not at the time when you may need it…lol.
5. Let the kids pick a comfy backpack. That’s a very important step; let the kids put the bags on their back to see if they are comfy and won’t hurt their back. A cushioned back is preferred; also a good backpack will last your little ones for a long long time, maybe all the way through Elementary and into Middle school, saving you money in the long run. Plus remember the sale part … yup, if you find a backpack that your little one likes that’s on sale, grab it… you will need it down the road anyways. Make sure the kids get to pick their own backpack, color and style; that is a way of showing who they are and makes them feel better about themselves walking down the hall with something they like.
These are just a few tips and ideas to get you started for Back to School this year; if you need more information or looking for a particular shirt or shoes, be sure to visit kids Foot Locker, they have an amazing selection for any age group in every size and color. Let’s not forget to be their Facebook friend and tweet along on Twitter.
One lucky 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom reader will win a $25 GC to Kids Foot Locker to get their little ones back to school in style; Foot Locker hast lots of amazing items for kids in store and online and will make it easy to dress your little ones for less. Be sure to enter the Giveaway below. Good Luck
We received the product for our honest review; all opinions are 100% our own and no other compensation was nor will be received; the winner will receive the product directly through the Giveaway sponsor; Facebook is not associated with this giveaway and is hereby released from any and all liability.