I love Christmas and love to share my Christmas traditions with my little ones ( and now my readers as well…)…. When I was little, Christmas in Germany was always a Big event.
Here is one fun Craft that we did every year at home and to this day I still love it and do it with my kids every year. It’s so simple and even the little ones can help.
Cookie Christmas House ( Hexen House):
- Graham Crackers or Butter cookies ( 3 per house)
- Powder sugar
- Lemon or Lime juice
- Gummy bears
- M&M, sprinkles, chocolate chips or anything else you can think of to decorate the Cookie ( Hexen) House
How to make it
- Mix the Powder Sugar & Lemon/ Lime Juice in a bowl, so you get a thick sugar paste.
- Fill the sugar paste in a Ziploc bag and cut a small hole in one of the corners ( very small tip).
- take the graham crackers and break them apart on the line
- Take the Ziploc bag with the sugar mix and the graham crackers and “glue” two sides on one bottom like a triangle. The Sugar paste is your Glue.
- Add your gummy bears ( Hansel & Gretel), glue them down with the sugar paste
- Decorate your house with more sugar paste to make it look like snow frosting, add M7M’s or any other kind of decorations ( gluing it all down with the sugar paste)….
- That’s it… your Hexenhouse is done. You can wrap it in Clear foil and give it to friends and neighbors or just let the kids eat it