I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client. All opinions are 100% my own, just sayin’
As many of you know, my Teen has severe food allergies to everything but Beef; he also can’t eat any onions, peppers and shellfish of any kind. Sometimes making a healthy dinner for him is a challenge, but I try to keep it as fun and healthy as I can.
Creating a balanced meal isn’t easy especially since he is also a picky eater, yet he keeps asking me to make him “HEALTHY” stuff, all the time. He is big into sports, running and working out and he so needs the extra protein and vitamins.
I came across the Ocean Naturals Tuna on my last Walmart trip and at first look the packaging was different, it kind of jumped out at me. It was a cardboard packaging with green and blue writing. I also loved that it was Good food, Good for me and Good for the planet. Another thing that impressed me with the Ocean Naturals Tuna was that you can learn more about where your specific tuna came from by visiting Ocean Naturals and entering the code on the can. That was wonderful, no more guessing about your Tuna. LOVED it!!
The Ocean Naturals Skipjack tuna in water contains 90mg of Omega 3 fatty acids and 15g of protein per serving; that is pretty amazing, in that little can. So I came up with a simple Healthy Dinner idea that I’m sure everyone in your home will love and you will be satisfied as well, knowing that only the best ingredients are in the dish for your family.
Tuna & Veggie Stuffed Zucchini
This is what you need:
2 cans Ocean Naturals Tuna
1/2 can Diced Tomatoes
Panko or Bread Crumbs
This is how to make it
- Put carrots, Zucchini & Butternut squash in a pot of boiling water; let boil for about 10 minutes till soft
- Cut leek into strips and toss into cold water; that’s how it gets clean, leave in cold water till veggies are tender, about 10 minutes
- Melt some butter and sauté the Leek, just like you would with an onion.
4. Take a melon scooper and empty out the zucchini
5. Put carrots, 1/2 can of Tomato, some of the Butternut Squash, the inside of the Zucchini and puree with a mixer or hand blender.
6. Put your pureed veggies, parsley, Tuna, remaining Butternut Squash, Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs into a bowl and mix well.
7. Fill the Zucchini with the veggie/tuna mixture
8. Sprinkle more cheese over the Zucchini once filled
9. Place in the oven at 400F for 10 minutes or till the top is brown and cheese is melted.
This turned out to be a wonderful fall dish, light, healthy and lots of bragging from my kids. They all loved it and the color was amazing. The Tuna was the perfect combination in this dish to give it that extra protein and the Ocean Naturals was just the perfect match. Light, flaky and junky, perfect for any Tuna dish that your family likes.
You can add more seasoning like basil and other things that you like to use, but I wanted the dish to have the full tuna and veggie flavors and they really did a great job and honestly, I didn’t need any extra seasoning not even salt. It turned out to be a wonderful and quick dinner. It was also filling, no side dish needed, but you can always add rice if you like.
It’s that simple to create a delicious healthy dinner for your Family if you include the Ocean Naturals Tuna. For more information about Ocean Naturals be sure to visit their website and don’t forget to friend them on Facebook, they currently have a wonderful Tuna Tuesday Giveaway and they will give away free prizes!!