I almost forgot that today is Thursday; I have been so busy all week and just remembered that I need to post the Crock Pot Recipe today… Sorry it’s late.
This is a yummy Potato Soup and very simple. I got this from my mother in law a few years back and they called it “German Potato Soup”. To me it doesn’t taste anything like soup from Germany, but we are stuck with the name and that’s how my husband knows it. But it is very yummy and super easy.
German Potato Soup
This is what you need:
- 6-10 Potatoes ( depending on your family and crock pot size)
- Large Can of Cream of Chicken Soup ( I used 2 small cans)
- 1 1/2 cup of chicken stock ( or more if you like it soupy)
- 1/2 pack of bacon
- a few splashes of vinegar
- 1 onion
- salt, pepper,chives, to season
How to make it:
- peel potatoes and add to crock pot
- brown onions, add to crock pot
- add your chicken stock & Cream of chicken soup
- add a dash or two of vinegar
- cook your bacon and add a few pieces to the crock-pot
- add seasonings
Closed lid and let cook on high for 4 hrs or low on 6-8 hrs ( till Potatoes are done); once you are ready to server, sprinkle some more bacon bits on if you like….
Soo yummy and really good on a coooollllddd night like tonight.