This is what you will need:
- 2 green onions, chopped (I had non, so I left them out)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O’Brien potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 6 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
This is how to make it:
In a small skillet, sauté onions in oil until tender. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, milk, soup and onion mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons bacon and 1 tablespoon cheese.
How did we like it?
I loved it; I’m a big Potato person anyways and I could eat potatoes 24/7 in all shapes and sizes and variations. A few month ago, Publix had a huge sale on Hash Browns and this was the perfect recipe to use some of the bags we had in the freezer. It was so simple and to be honest we only cooked it for about 4 hrs on high and it was done and yummy. It was so yummy that I didn’t had time to take a picture, we all ate it up in no time. ( Sorry L ). We had fresh French bread and a salad with it… soo yummy and a simple, quick and cheap dinner…..
I’m always looking for a yummy new Crockpot recipe, would love to hear yours ….