This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TotalBleachControl #CollectiveBias
As a mom of 3, two of whom are teenagers and one princess, as well as 3 fur babies and a husband, laundry is never done in my house. Is it a chore that I love? Well, let’s just say there are chores that I enjoy more than others, laundry isn’t at the top but not on the bottom of the list either. However, it seems that I never ever finish the laundry.
I could spend an entire day doing laundry and still have dirty clothes when I’m done. It’s a chore that everyone takes for granted yet it has to be done. I could always use a helping hand to get things done faster and easier. I tried to beg the kids, hasn’t happened yet; I tried to lure the husband into my laundry cave and he didn’t stick around either. The only one that is faithful is Clorox® Bleach.
Ever since I had my own home one product stuck by my side, laundry detergents come and go, smells go and excitement fades, but with Clorox® Bleach the same bond has been strong for the last 20 some years. I remember when I did my very first load of laundry in my very first home, Clorox® Bleach was by my side. What can I say, I’m super excited about my new product find at Walmart the other day Clorox® Bleach Packs™ and Clorox® Bleach Crystals™.
What an awesome concept and I am starting to think that the power of Clorox® Bleach is now easier to use with less mess and Clorox® Bleach Packs™ provide easy “toss and go” convenience using bleach in my laundry. What a time saver this will be. Think, no more measuring how much liquid to add, no more spill mishaps, no more worries. Love the new concept and I quickly grabbed a few bottles and containers and brought them home to my laundry room.
Laundry isn’t the most fun in the world, but it can be if you make it fun. I love finding time savers and decided to share a few of my very own with you, so check out the tips and tricks below and hopefully your laundry routine will be over in no time soon, too. Just don’t blame me if you keep finding dirty socks and pants in front of the machine, it just means someone really loves the way you do the laundry and they wouldn’t want it done any other way ;-).
1. Sort your colors! That’s a big one and most people don’t realize how it will affect your laundry outcome. Keep your darks with the dark, the whites with the whites and any light colors with the light colors and well, you get the point the dark colors with the dark. It will keep your laundry looking brighter longer.
2. Add baskets. Make it easy to sort your colors by adding baskets in your laundry room market with White, Dark, Jeans, Towels, Socks & Underwear and every time the kids take off their clothes they can put it in the appropriate basket and half of your battle is already done. Put the basket in the bathroom for easy access if you like.
3. Use mesh bags to your advantage. Ever lost a sock? Yeah I’m sure you have, wait they aren’t lost they just decided to run away from home and eventually one day will return and feel sorry for running away, we all know the story of a lost sock or two, so make it harder on them and put all your socks into a mesh bag. Voila, they all will be together forever, unless you have a very determined sock who will find its way out of a mesh bag.
4. Take advantage of laundry helpers such as Clorox® Bleach Packs™, easy to use, just toss and walk away from your laundry. It may save you a few minutes every time you do the laundry, but that’s minutes that you could cuddle one of the kids or send a quick “I miss you” text to your hubby. Time well spent in my mind.
5. Get yourself a sharpie! Yes… a sharpie. Well, make sure it’s not the permanent kind, use the ones that can be wiped off and every time you add a load of laundry that has special needs items like “Hang dry only” write it on the side or door of your washer so when you pull out your finished load you quickly get reminded about the special treatment some of your garments have. No more looking and ready all the labels while you are in a hurry to get the clothes into the dryer. Such an easy way to keep your laundry list handy, too. I love to use my washer as my “Handy dandy eraser board” for all sorts of notes and memos for myself.
Laundry can be a dirty job, it doesn’t have to be. I do laundry once a week, get it all done on Saturday and if the kids miss the deadline to bring their laundry to me that day it just will not make the cut till the next laundry day; I have to draw the line somewhere and having a cut off laundry time is it for me. The kids know that and if they really want to wear their favorite outfit to grandma’s BBQ on Sunday, they better have it in the sorted hamper and ready for laundry day on Saturday.
Life isn’t just about laundry, don’t make it that way. Enjoy the day you have that makes your house smell all nice and clean but enjoy your Family the rest of the week while they run out in the grass, get stains all over their shirts, eat BBQ while it’s dripping down their hands and just smile because you know Laundry day is coming and Clorox® Bleach will be on your side.
Till then… Make Laundry day fun but enjoy your families more….How is your laundry routine? Would love to hear your dirty laundry stories, be sure to leave me a comment below.
For more information or tips and ideas about leaving your dirty laundry behind, be sure to visit Clorox® Bleach on the web. There is even a coupon for you. How sweet is that? Lots more clean talk on Twitter and Facebook as well. So get your laundry routine off on the right foot.