Have you noticed that more and more electronics use Coin-sized button batteries. Coin-sized button batteries are common household batteries that can be used safely to power everyday devices such as small remote controls, watches, calculators, flameless candles, car key fobs, talking greeting cards and other gadgets that small children often like to play with. The problem occurs if a child accesses the batteries and swallows one, which can lead to serious injury and even death.
Energizer is the first to introduce a significant packaging improvement designed to reduce the occurrence of ingestions of coin-sized button batteries by children and the associated medical complications. The innovative new packaging, coming soon to store shelves nationwide, is made from more durable and flexible materials that make it very difficult for young children to open. This new packaging meets Consumer Product Safety Commission guidelines for child-resistant packaging.
In addition to deterring children from getting into the package, Energizer has added easily understood icons on the front of the package to let parents know to keep the batteries away from small children, along with detailed warning copy advising of the danger of ingesting coin cell batteries and how to get help if they are swallowed. While the transition at retail may take some time, it is fully expected to be complete prior to the upcoming Holiday season.
Energizer has teamed up with “The Battery Controlled” to safe lives. Be sure to check it out.
Energizer wants you to check for yourself how the packaging has improved and is giving away a set of the Coin-sized button batteries (2 2pack packages) to one lucky 2 Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom reader. Be sure to enter below.
We received the product for our honest review; all opinions are 100% our own and no other compensation was nor will be received; the winner will receive the product directly through the Giveaway sponsor; Facebook is not associated with this giveaway and is hereby released from any and all liability.