I’m always on the hunt for a good iPad educational game for the kids. My Princess recently graduated pre-K and to keep her learning throughout the summer I thought the best way to keep her entertained on the road would be an iPad game. We would be able to load the games on the iPad or iPod and take along when on road trips and on the go. Perfect combination to keep the kids entertained and learning at the same time.
I came across Kangaroo Island Photo Classifying, a mobile iPad app for the Pre-K crowd and is produced by Super Duper Publications. A company that we love already from many other preschool educational products.
I knew I had to check it out and see how my Princess would like it and if it would be a great addition to add to our iPad library.
Included in the game are six Interactive Activities:
- Class-A-Roo – Help Sally the Kangaroo find her friends by choosing the correct item that goes with the category and putting it inher pouch.
- Picking Parrot – Sort all the items into the correct categories and then feed Paul the Parrot.
- Skink Ball – Play a fun game by rolling the ball down the lane that matches the correct category. Earn a ticket and choose a prize after each game.
- Turtle River – Put each turtle on the island with the correct category.
- Koala Canvas – Help Cole the Koala identify the correct items in a category while painting a picture.
- Seal Search – Find Cindy the Seal by choosing the item that does not belong from a group of four. Reveal a part of the hidden picture with each correct answer.
Features of Kangaroo Island Photo Classifying:
- Teach children to classify photos in 15 different categories.
- Choose to teach one to five categories at a time.
- Teach children classifying using text or photos.
- Turn audio on or off.
- Track and graph data for an unlimited number of children.
- Document the items a child identifies incorrectly.
- Email, print, and share results.
Navigation and instructions are very simple and perfect for little hands. The games are different then any other games you’ve seen; I was a bit surprised but loved it, to see real pictures of objects mixed with the drawings to be used in the game. It made the game feel like a real movie or card game. I loved that.
My Princess has been playing this game for about a month now and no “I’m bored” insight. She keeps begging to play every time we hit the road, because no WiFi or Internet required, just make sure your battery is charged and you are ready to roll with this super fun Kangaroo Island game.
I also loved the progress report that I can pull for each child that plays this game, just make sure you set each child’s name and they select their name before they start to play. Super simple, but will help you keep track of how long your little one was playing, what areas they already mastered and what they need extra help with. I think the report is wonderful.
Overall, we loved this Kangaroo game and think it will be a great addition to our summer fun this year to keep the little ones learning while on the go. You don’t want them to forget everything they worked so hard for in Pre-K. This app will be a great way to remind them and keep the learning going.
Be sure to check out Super Duper Publications to get more information and see all the Apps they have available, lots of them are even FREE; you can also follow on Facebook and Twitter to keep the learning fun going.
I received a complementary code to try this game with my 5 year old. All opinions are 100% our own and no other compensation was nor will be received.