My Toddler is constantly asking us to play on the PC…. I kind of try to avoid for her to play, because I just can’t find any good PC games for a Toddler. Recently I was introduced to the Dora’s Big Birthday Adventure PC game and my Toddler and I started to research the game a little better.
We found some reviews having issues with installing the game on a PC; I was a bit worried, because for one the game isn’t cheap, retails for $19.99 but on the other hand, you are not allowed to return any PC games once they have been opened. Neat less to say, we got burned a few times on games for the kids and I’m really hesitant. However I did give this game a chance and I must say my PC that we installed this game on is running on Windows XP and is about 5+ years old; I don’t buy brand new PC’s for the kids to play on, they always get one of my old ones when I buy a new PC. So that being said, I did not really want to install it on my “good” PC, because I don’t want the kids to play on it all day.
I had my Tween install it on the “old” PC for me. He had no problem at all. The game installed without a problem, no error no stopping; just a perfect install, and my Tween did it on his own. Once the game was installed my Toddler went to town. She spend a good hour testing and playing… well I kind of like to say “abusing” the game. She did everything a toddler would do, hit all the buttons, move quickly from one place to the other etc. and she had no problems with the game. The game not once froze up or posted an error message. It worked the way it was suppose to work.
That being said, let’s move on to the game itself. My Toddler had a ball and yet the game is rated Preschool Everyone. She almost 3 and mastered the matching & Counting game with little to no help, she also had a ball with the Letters, Words & Sounds game, the rest she required some minor help, but that was expected, she’s only 3… I really liked the game as well. It had a lot of learning games for your little one.
This PC game has 8 interactive games you can explore:
- Letters, Words & Sounds – Collect letters that match the words & Sounds of Dora’s cake, balloons and presents
- Matching & Counting– Don’t let La Bruja burst Dora’s bubble. Patch and count each hole made.
- Puzzles & Problem Solving – Help the flying Monkeys find their matching dance partners so Dora can get by them.
- Reading & Rhyming– Find the flower that makes a rhyming match so you, Dora and Boots get Wizzle Rewards!
- Preschool Essentials– Ride the rainbow with Dora and Boots and gather Wizzle crystals along the way!
- Reflexes & responses– Guide Dora and Boots over the treetops, but watch out for la Bruja’s Flying Monkeys!
- Music & Movement – Help Dora & Boots get past the Dancing Trees! Help Dora spin and dance just like them!
I think this is a wonderful game to help your little one with the Preschool skills he/she will need to start school soon, and what better way to “learn” then with your favorite characters, Dora, boots and gang. Another great feature is, like Dora TV Shows this game also teaches basic Spanish skills, just by playing. Kids will pick up so quick and before you know it, your little one is getting a Spanish education head start. It is so important to learn a second language why not let Dora help you.
- Master fundamental skills in an exciting, interactive and engaging environment
- Understand and practice teamwork, learn about friendship, plus explore Great Wizzle World Rewards
- Language, math reading, counting, matching, reasoning, music, basic Spanish, self esteem and more
- Dora is a preschool success: Number 1 program for kids ages 2-5 on all commercial TV with kids
- For more infor check out Nova Development
Game Requirements :
- Platform: Windows XP/Vista / 7 / XP, Mac OS X
- Media: CD-ROM
We will give this game a 5 Thumbs up for great learning fun that will keep your little ones attention as well as interactive learning. This Dora’s Big Birthday Adventure Computer game can be purchased through Amazon.com or any of your favorite retailer and retails for $19.99.
I was proved with the game listed above for my honest review. No other compensation was received and all opinions are 100% my own.