When I was little we always have Apples for Christmas, in all different shapes and creations. Apples are a big part of Christmas so why not make some baked apples for your family to enjoy … and the smell is just amazing throughout the house…. mhhhh
They are so simple; here is what you need
(This is for the Crock Pot)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins ( we had none so we used cranberry)
- 5+ apples ( depending on your family size and size of Crock pot)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 stick of butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- chopped nuts
How to make them :
- Wash and core your apples and set upright in Crock Pot
- In a small bowl mix, brown sugar and raisins and some nuts
- Fill the sugar mixture inside the apples( the hole where you removed the core)
- Combine apple juice and the melted butter, pour over the apples.
- Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon and nutmeg
- Cover, cook on low for 4 hrs.
- Serve with Ice cream and more nuts…..