Clean Out the Refrigerator
This task is a daunting undertaking; make it more manageable by breaking it down.
- The first step is to wipe up spills immediately so surfaces won’t become stained.
- Make it a habit to throw out old food once a week.
- Every few months, wash the interior with a solution of two tablespoons of baking soda for every quart of warm water. Wash removable shelves and drawers in the solution (let glass shelves come to room temperature first so warm water won’t crack them).
- Loosen hardened spills on fixed parts by wetting the area with the solution, allowing the residue to soften.
- Use a toothbrush to scrub crannies.
- Twice a year, vacuum or brush dust from the condenser coils to keep the system from overheating.