In Germany, we are BIG dessert eaters, even a lot of our dinners consist of some kind of sweet dish; I found this recipe a few weeks back on one of my German Recipe Forums and just had to share it. Yet, I don’t think this would work as a dinner here in the US, but I think this would still be a great idea for Breakfast, Brunch or even dessert. It takes a bit of preparation the night before, but still simple and the outcome, soooo yummy and something different.
|Yogurt Dessert ala German Dessert||
- 17 oz Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 Sugar
- 1 TBLS Vanilla Extract
- 400 ml ( 1 1/2 cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- a few squirts of Lemon Juice
- Fresh fruit, frozen fruit anything you like to eat with your Dessert
- Prepare the day/ night before.
- Mix Yogurt, Lemon juice, sugar and Vanilla Extract in a Bowl
- Whip Heavy Cream
- Fold Whip Cream under the Yogurt Mixture
- Take a colander and a clean kitchen towel, line the colander with the kitchen towel and place inside a bowl
- Fill the colander with your Yogurt/ Cream mixture
- Keep in the fridge over night
- When ready to eat take the mixture and flip it onto a plate or platter
- Garnish with Fresh or frozen fruit, Fruit Puree or anything you like
- Serve… YUMMY
Now isn’t that different and cool? Would love to hear if you guys loved it as much as we did.
P.S. I know it’s not the healthiest, BUT it sure is yummy… spoil yourself every so often.