When I was oh…. About 4 years old I was in daycare, and believe it or not one of the best memories I have, and yes I can remember all the way back to that is when we first created our Easter baskets and then waited for them to grow and on Easter Sunday our daycare always had a Easter egg hunt and us kids took our Clay pots with the grass that we grew for the past few weeks and put all the eggs into the basket that we could find.. I remember my basket like it was yesterday… isn’t it funny that you remember some things so well and others not at all ??
I wanted these memories to live on with my little ones, so we decided to grow our own Easter baskets this year, too. This is a lot of fun.. check it out, I bet your little one will have just as much fun, growing and watering and then seeing the final end product…. His/ Her Easter basket…..
This is what you will need:
- Grass seed, rye seed or wheat seed
- Garden Soil
- Basket to grow it in or a Clay pot like we did
- Clean spray bottle
- A sunny window
This is how to make it :
- Fill with Potting Soil.
- Cover the top with the seed, sprinkle a 1/4 inch layer of Soil over the seed, and water it with the spray bottle. Mist the seed every day.
- In about 10 days you will have a good covering of grass, so start your grass 10-12 days before Easter.
- This will make for nice table decorations or for your little one’s Easter basket, just imagine the look when they find their own grown basket filled with goodies…