A few weeks ago I was contacted by the lovely folks at Country Crock to see if I would like to join their Casserole Club for Bloggers. I was super excited and couldn’t wait to team up. I love to create recipes and share them with my readers and casseroles are perfect for busy families like us and I know you are just as busy.
Over the next few month I will share my challenges with you guys to come up with simple dinner ideas that can be twisted and turned to fit your family need and use items that you have already in the cupboard. So stay tuned, I know this will be fun.
My challenge this month was to create a simple dinner idea that would include some of the ingredients that were in my first package, but I was also encouraged to make it my own. The package included a pack of pasta, a can of breadcrumbs and a casserole dish along with a dinner idea card for Easy Mac & Cheese Veggie Casserole. I checked my fridge and had different ingredients around so check out what I came up with.
Homemade Chicken & Veggie Mac n’ Cheese Casserole
This is what you need:
- 8 oz. Rotini pasta, cooked
- 2 cups of Rotisserie Chicken, diced, shredded or whatever works for you
- 2-3 cups of pepper Jack shredded cheese
- 1 package of fresh veggies in a steam bag, cooked
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 4 Tablespoon of Country Crock spread, melted
This is how to make it:
- Cook your pasta according to the package direction; steam your fresh veggies till tender.
- Put pasta, veggies and cut up chicken into a casserole dish, cover with cheese
- pour in the milk and 3 tsp. of butter, mix well
- take the bread crumbs and remaining melted butter and mix, top off your Mac N’ Cheese with the Bread Crumbs
- Put in pre-heated oven at 400F for 30-40 minutes till golden brown top
This was super simple and turned out amazing. The original recipe called for frozen veggies and since I had fresh veggies in the fridge it was no brainer to steam them, turned out just perfect. I also did not have regular cheese on hand but had Pepper Jack and it was amazing. The flavor went through the entire dish and no additional flavoring was needed, it just gave it that kick that wasn’t hot but delicious.
Everyone in the house raved about how good dinner was and it was such a simple task for me that I was able to sit down while dinner was in the oven to watch a movie with my princess. Love spending time while dinner is cooking.
Giveaway Time …..
One lucky 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom reader will get a chance to win a super fun prize pack from Country Crock to come up with you very own dinner idea as a main prize, we also will be giving away 5 coupon prizes for the winner ups. Check below what is part of the giveaway and don’t forget to enter. Good Luck!
First Prize winner will get a Casserole dish, Country Crock VIP Coupon (good for one free product), Recipe Card
Five additional winners will receive a Country Crock VIP coupon good for a free product
I’m part of the Country Crock Casserole Club and received my kit with products to create the recipe along with a gift card. All opinions are 100% my own.