I’m a Popsicle Summer Fun #Ambassador; I was compensated for this post, but all opinions and ideas are 100% my own and not influenced by anyone or anything #PopsicleMom.
Summer is slowly coming to an end, well…. at least in most part of the country; in Florida… it’s still HOT HOT HOT.. but since the kids are heading back to school now, Summer is coming to an end for us as well. I tried to have a little fun before everyone headed back to school and to a busy schedule. I called up my friends and family for a little get together for a last Summer Hooray.
Being a #PopsicleMom gave me the perfect opportunity to share lots of Popsicle products with my friend and let the kids get all crazy, eating as many as they like (some are sugar free, you did know that, right?). Anyways, I had the party totally planned out and decorations all set in the kitchen waiting for the weekend to come around to have this super fun party….. until Saturday arrived.
First thing in the AM I got a txt from my friend saying “Did you see the weather.. suppose to storm early afternoon”…. Well.. we won’t let a storm get us down, we quickly decided to change the party time and moved it up by a few hours…. no problem at all. Next issue arrived…..
I had all these ideas of snacks, treats and decorations that I wanted to do, BUT…. well… none of that worked out. It was too dang HOT (90’s and HUMID) to put the bucket with ice and popsicles inside out; none of my snacks could go inside the snack bowls because they got stale within 2 minutes and my treats.. well.. flies and bugs kept coming along so in the end my table to me looked sorry… BUT the party was a HIT with the kids.
Things don’t always go the way you planned it and well.. this time it sure didn’t.. BUT the kids and our friends still had a blast (and we did, too); didn’t matter if we had our pretty bowls out, super fancy décor or all the snacks; we still ended up with an amazing party and lots of FUN! In the end it was a much needed family time out for all of us and the kids loved hanging out together; eating Lots.. yes.. lots of popsicles, playing in the pool and making their very own Popsicle drink creations with our flavored water and Sour patch Popsicle Sticks… the kids LOVED it!!
Checkout my 5 tips for a Fun party.. things don’t always have to be perfect
1. Yes.. things don’t have to be perfect! You heard me.. that’s right, who cares if the table is all dolled up, the cupcakes look like from a bakery or the drinks from a specialty shop… even if you serve up Popsicles, sodas and homemade cupcakes, your friends will love you and have a blast at any party.. so don’t STRESS… have fun and enjoy it.. it will be the best party ever!!
2. Less is more.. especially with kids.You can plan this big party with 50 games and treats; in the end.. the kids will really do what they like and in my case.. they loved hanging out in the pool… almost all afternoon having a BLAST!!
3. FUN.. FUN.. FUN…. don’t forget the most important thing.. FUN.. hang out with your friends, laugh and relax and no one will remember 5 years from now what table décor you had, but everyone will remember 5 years from now how many laughs you had at your party….
4. Make it simple …. keep the party simple, dish up a few snacks, fruit and BBQ.. but don’t create an entire meal for everyone… it will still be fun and everyone will enjoy spending time with you instead of you being in the kitchen.
5. Well…. if none of that is good enough for you… pull out a few boxes of Popsicle and see how fast they will go.. the kids and friends will have a blast and will vote you for BEST MOM ever!! Trust me.. it worked for my party…. totally !!!
The one thing at my party that turned out amazing was the infused water… it was soo simple just slice your fruit; toss into a container; add water and lots of ice and some mint… voila.. your water is done and was AMAZING! The kids added their Popsicles to flavor the water even more and to keep it cool… well.. as long as a popsicle will stay frozen in 90 degree Florida weather… but it was fun.
Now we are officially back to school and the kids will remember this as a super fun family and friends get together… makes me proud to have an amazing family and wonderful friends that still talk about how much fun and laughs we had…. even though I didn’t have the perfect party setup in my eyes.. they all loved it and had a blast. That’s all that counts…..!!!
For fun party and recipe ideas or other fun facts about Popsicle, be sure to check out the brand new Pinterest Board and for more information about the delicious Popsicle products don’t forget to visit their website and follow on Facebook or Twitter.
Are you ready to cool off…?? Well check out our super fun Giveaway below and you can win a $25 Target Gift card along with some free Popsicle Product coupons, courtesy of our amazing friends at Popsicle. I just love being a #PopsicleMom.
GIVEAWAY TIME …..
We are part of the Popsicle #Ambassador program; we have been compensated for this post; all opinions are 100% our own; the winner will receive the product directly through the Giveaway sponsor; Facebook is not associated with this giveaway and is hereby released from any and all liability.Giveaway open to US only!