I love cookies… there I said it. All week I have been reviewing cookie cookbooks and bringing you the best ones, the ones that I truly enjoyed the last few weeks. This Christmas Cookie Cookbook: All the Rules and Delicious Recipes to Start Your Own Holiday Cookie Club is another amazing book I like to introduce you to. This book is written by Ann Pearlman and Marybeth Bayer and I’m sure in the 200 + page book there is something for everyone to enjoy and love.
This The Christmas Cookie Cookbook is the perfect holiday present or year-round companion for new and seasoned bakers alike. Packed with tips, anecdotes, and tons of recipes, this cookbook is a must-have for anyone looking for a new holiday tradition or simply a fresh way to spread holiday cheer throughout the year.
I also loved the chapter called “Emergency Baking product substitutions. Let’s face it, how many times did you have a recipe and wanted to make it, kids got all excited just to hear “Sorry we don’t have..” and then you forget all about the recipe and probly never ever make it…. I know I have. This book has a cool substitution list that I think is just too cool.
So if your recipe calls for 1 cup of cake flour and you don’t have any in the house or just don’t like to run and buy a whole box just for one recipe, you can use ” 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted” and you can make your cake or cookies and they will be just as wonderful… How cool is that?? There are many more tips on this book.
Our Cookie recipe of choice out of this book was
Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookies
This is what you need:
- 1 bag 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons ( 3/4 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In double boiler ( or 2 pots like we did..lol) over hot water, melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until thick. Stir in chocolate mixture. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Stir into chocolate mixture. Gently mix in semisweet chocolate chips and walnuts ( dough will be gooey).
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
- On a sheet of plastic wrap, form chilled dough into 2 large logs, each 2 inches in diameter and 8 inches long, and wrap tightly.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With sharp knife, cut logs into 3/4 – inch slices and place on greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until shiny crust forms.
- Cookies should still be soft inside. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.
- Makes 2 dozen cookies.
oooohhhh I can’t even describe how they came out… YUMMY.. wonderful recipe. They are sooo gooey ..we loved them and I made them Sunday morning and by Sunday evening the kids had all of them eaten, YES!! all 2 dozen of them ….. and bagged for more. They sure were a hit in our house. If you like chocolate chip cookies you defiantly should give these a try.
We had a great time with this recipe and enjoyed a lot of other ones in this book like, Mom’s Friday Night Fudge or Candied Walnuts. This Cookie Cookbook would make a wonderful addition to your cookbook collection., it would also be a nice hostess gift or gift for friends, co-workers even teachers.
You can purchase your own on Amazon.com or your favorite Bookstore; or
You can win your very own copy here ( 2 !! winners!!).
What is the one MUST have cookie at Christmas in your house ?
Follow me on Facebook (1 entry)
Follow me on Google Friend Connect or NetworkBlog (1 entry)
Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)
Tweet about this Giveaway and include @mausekindmom ( one entry per day)
Subscribe to my Newsletter or reader ( 1 entry)
Blog about this Giveaway ( 10 entries)
Leave one comment per entry!!!!This Giveaway will run from December 8 – December 18 @ 9PM; winner will be picked through WordPress “And the Winner is” and will be announced on the Blog and I will send an e-mail. The winner will have 48hrs. to get back to me with mailing info. All items will be mailed from the Sponsor.
I was provided with the product listed above for my honest review and the prize for my winner . No other compensation was received. All opinions are 100 % my own.