Strawberry Season is here and since this was a fairly warm winter, there are more Strawberries than you know what to do with them, so why not save them for a rainy day and make Easy Peasy Strawberry Freezer Jam.
A fast and easy route to homemade strawberry jam. With no cooking required, you can have fresh jam in just over 30 minutes!
- 1-½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Instant Pectin
- 4 cups Hulled And Crushed Strawberries (about 2-3 Quarts)
How to make it:
1. In a small bowl, stir together sugar and instant pectin with a fork until well combined.
2. Rinse the strawberries well and remove the leafy green hulls.
3. Crush the strawberries in a large bowl with a potato masher, or pulse 5-6 times in the bowl of a food processor until you can measure 4 cups of crushed fruit.
4. Place the crushed strawberries in a large bowl and pour the sugar mixture over top.
5. Stir the sugar mixture until blended into the strawberries, then continue to stir for 3 minutes.
6. Ladle the jam into clean jars, leaving ¾ inch headspace for jam expansion during freezing.
7. Secure the lids onto the jars, and let jam stand for 30 minutes at room temperature, or until thickened.
8. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to three weeks, or freeze for up to 3 months.
YUMMMMMMMY … Enjoy