I found this recipe a few weeks ago on Taste of Home and had to share it with you guys… OMG.. this was amazing…. Simple yet soooooo different. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did They were gone in no time, I couldn’t even take a picture But that will tell you how yummy they were….lol
This is what you will need:
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, ground
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
This is how to make this:
1. In a small bowl, combine pie filling and almond extract; cover and refrigerate until chilled. For crepes, place the milk, eggs, butter, almonds and flour in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour about 2 tablespoons batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry and bottom is golden brown; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. Stack cooled crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
3. For the filling, in a mixing, beat cream and melted chocolate until soft peaks form. Spoon about 2 tablespoons over each crepe; roll up. Top with cherry mixture and sprinkle with slivered almonds.