I have a bunch of posts coming the next few weeks, some are longer, some are shorter, some have new info, some go over a bit of the same, yet I wanted to tell you ALL about the program and what I’ve learned at the BTFE University 2011.
Here is a list of 10 things I learned at the BTFE University 2011.
1. Each Box top is worth .$10 for your school, just think if you buy the 10 Boxes for Cereal on sale or the 10 Boxes of brownies with your coupons, save the Box Tops and you can give your school $1.00 towards their Education Fund. How simple and amazing is that?
2. There are over 240 Brands participating in the program from Hamburger Helper to Hanes and even Boise the Copy paper company, anything you use pretty much will have a box top. Clip them, save them and donate them to your school.
3. In the School year 2010/2011 $59 Million was earned through the Box Top program for Schools across the nation, and $400 Million has been given to Box Tops since the beginning of the program in 1996. WOW, what a number.
4. You can donate to ANY school, if your school of choice isn’t participating in the program yet, think about being a coordinator for that school and help out with the Box Top Program to earn your school of choice some extra funds.
5. Schools can earn up to $60,000 a year, some schools brought in $5000 and more, there was even a school earning $52,194 last school year!!!!!SHEPHERD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, MOORESVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA … What an accomplishment…. WHOHOOO..
My son’s school earning for last school year was $3,218, if you like to track your school earnings, check out BTFE.
6. All K-8th grade schools are allowed to participate, over 100,000 Schools are participating in this program
7. You can earn eBox Tops by shopping online, simple and no extra cost to you, it even eliminates the clipping and collecting of the box Tops. All is handled electronically for you, just be sure to check out the Marketplace.
8. All Box tops that are turned in to the Box Tops Team will be recycled and the energy produced from the recycled Box Tops helps power nearby homes. How cool is that; you are helping in two ways, one your school will earn money with the Box Tops you are turning in and two the homes in the area will benefit from the recycled Box Tops to power their homes… Love two for one deals….!!!
9. You can get Bonus Box Tops.. did you know that? Some products have more than one Box Top on the box, so be on the lookout for these products, Ziploc, Progresso Soup and Golden Graham Treats are just a few of them…
10. Box Tops are ALL around us, you can get them from products, Bonus Box Tops come from Store promotions, online promotions and varies other things, even Haines has a wonderful promotion for your school and no clipping needed. Be sure to check out Haines 4 Education Program for more information on how to earn for your school.
If you have any questions just shoot me an e-mail, I will see what I can do… and be sure to check out ALL my posts about Box Tops HERE. I’m super excited to share all the info with you.
I was not asked to write this post, however I received a paid trip courtesy of General Mills to attend the Box Top University 2011.