We love German pancakes in our house; they are kind of like Crepes… we could eat 50 of them… they are simple and you use products you already have on hand.. soo yummy.
The other day we changed our German pancakes up a bit and added bacon and onions… yummy.. soo good… Check it out
I tried to measure for you the last time, so in case I’m off add some more milk, or if it’s too runny add a little bit of flour… you want it where you can swirl the pan and it will cover the entire bottom of your pan…:-)
You need:1 pack of bacon, cut in small junks
2 small or 1 large onion, diced
4 cups of flour 2 teaspoons of baking powder 6 eggs 4 ( or 4 1/2) cups of milk 2 oz. butter How to make them :
- Mix all the wet ingredients, milk and eggs first.
- Add the baking powder to the flour and slowly cup by cup add the flour, it’s best if you use a mixer, that way you won’t get any lumps.
- Add the onion and bacon to the batter
- In a frying pan add a little bit of butter, once hot, add one spoonful of pancake mix and swirl till the entire bottom of your frying pan is covered.
- Watch closely, it will only take a min or two then flip the pancake over, fry the second side.. once golden brown move to a paper plate and start the next pancake….
Sooo yummy…. you can also leave the bacon and onions out, add sugar to the mix and bake them that way, that’s the original recipe that I always make and serve with Applesauce… soo many possibilities… and soo yummy.. they are a HUGE hit in our house.