With all the kids back to school and all their after school activities, we keep running out of time for supper. I always need simple and quick meals that sometimes can be eaten on the way and are allergy friendly for my Teen that can only eat a handful of things like Beef and a small amount of veggies.
Needless to say, dinner is a challenge between the soccer practice and allergies I kept running out of ideas; so the other day I ran across a great Pillsbury Recipe booklet and since it was free I knew it would be a great fit for my family dinner dilemma. A lot of the recipes are perfect for my family and I knew they would the “UNSLOPPY Joes”.
I wouldn’t be the crazy Mom that I’m if I wouldn’t mix up a fun recipe to fit my family needs and so I took the UNSLOPPY Joes recipe from Pillsbury and gave it a little twist. It turned out really well and the kids got a few cups of extra vitamin and no one complaint once, they all stuffed their faces and asked for seconds.
This is what you need for UNSLOPPY Joes ala Crazy Mom
(I know your kids will love it and so do you)
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits
- 1 small zucchini
- 3-4 carrots
- 1 6 oz can of Tomato Paste
- 1 package of Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 pound of ground beef (cooked)
- Cheese.. lots of cheese.. we love it cheese…
- Peel Zucchini and Carrots, run through a blender to puree (don’t need to cook it, just puree it)
- mix all your veggies, Sloppy Joe Seasoning, Tomato Paste and water with the ground beef, let simmer for a few minutes
- Pre-heat your oven to 375
- flatten out each Pillsbury Grants! Biscuit, I used my hand and pulled it like Pizza dough to get it bigger
- fill your biscuit dough with cheese and a little bit of the meat filling
- fold dough over to make it like a pocket
- put in oven for about 10 minutes or till golden brown ….. ENJOY
This will make 8 UNSLOPPY Joes
I served our UNSLOPPY Joes with grapes to give the kids some fruit, but they are great on their own and we actually ended up making 32 UNSLOPPY Joes and froze the rest; it will come in handy for when we cook something that my Teen can’t eat, or for days where we are short on time; grab one from the freezer, put into the microwave for 30 seconds and you have a simple dinner in no time.
Mom tested and kids approved, this is a keeper for a busy night in our home, I bet it will be one of your favorites as well. I made a simple Pizza a few weeks back and the kids loved it. I also used the Pillsbury Grants! for the Pizza, the possibilities are endless, so be sure to visit Pillsbury often and see what new recipes they are dishing up. You can also follow Pillsbury on Facebook or Twitter so you won’t miss a new recipe.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills. Compensation was provided by General Mills via Clever Girls Collective.