What you’ll need:
- Small child in play clothing.
- Print out of handprint poem (make extra copies).
- Optional small photo of child.
- Water based paints – finger paints or tempera paints.
- Bowl or something to hold the paint.
- Brush or sponge to apply paint to child’s hand.
- Paper towels or some other way to do a quick cleanup!
How to make it:
Here’s one poem that I like to use:
Here my handprints are done,
for everyone to view,
I had so much fun, doing this for you.
So look upon these handprints please,
hanging on the wall;
and memories will come back of me,
when I was only small
Put a date her
Love ( Put your childs name here)
What to do:
- Print the poem (make extra copies).
- Apply the paint to the child’s hand, then press their hand to the paper near the poem. This might take several attempts to get a good print, patience is the key.
- Clean that little hand, before you get handprinted, too!
- Personalize with the date and name (if it isn’t already).
- Let dry, then glue on a photo, if desired.