With school almost out for the summer, we have 17 days left, but who is counting, right? I decided to jot down some ideas on how you can keep your kids entertained this summer and all on a budget. Follow along my top 5 favorite things to do with the kids this summer and share your ideas on how to keep the kids happy all summer.
1. Make a Library date each week and take the kids to spend some time checking out books, reading, playing and just having a blast. Besides being busy all morning long, you will be able to bring home an entire bag of books that will keep you reading to your little ones all week long.
2. Sprucing up your backyard with maybe a kiddy pool or sand box that will keep the kids happy all summer long and won’t cost you an arm and a leg like going to Disney or the Waterparks. Be sure to check out the online deals and savings on toys and kids stuff at BJ’s to create your backyard play land and the kids will be entertained while you relax in the yard. I call it “staycation”, my favorite thing to do all summer!
3. Crafts, crafts, crafts are a BIG part of our summer, whether it be crafts that we can do outside like sand art or indoor crafts for rainy days; stock up on craft supplies anytime you see a deal and whip it out on days when the kids keep saying “I’m bored Mom”. You know what I’m talking about, YUP.. those days come often in my home, even with a room full of toys. So art and crafts is a wonderful thing. Still need some more Art and Crafts, be sure to visit Babyage.com and you can get $10 off your first order.
4. Check out your local attractions; a lot of them will have a FREE kids day during the summer like the Zoo, Aquarium, Museum. Pack a lunch and have a fun day with your little ones.
5. Take the kids to the movies. Check your local Movie Theaters for FREE movie showing all summer long. They are all rated G or PG and will be a lot of fun for the entire family. Since it’s free, you could maybe splurge on some popcorn. Enjoy movies like Ice Age or the Tooth Fairy. My local Theater has an entire schedule and will show free movies 3 days a week. Can’t beat that and the kids LOVE going to the movie theater.
Now you know how I keep my kids entertained this summer, what are you doing? Any big trips planned? Any staycations? Would love to hear your plans and maybe get some more ideas, after all our summer lasts almost 8 weeks… Lots to do and lots of “Mom…. I’m bored”…. Are you ready??
This is a sponsored post; all opinions and ideas are 100% my own and not influenced by the sponsor at all.