Summertime is always a fun time, but your skin may not be so excited about the Sun and water fun that we love to do all summer long. My princess is now 5, so no longer a baby, but since she is a red head and has very sensitive skin we love to use baby products on her skin and I personally love to use it for my very dry skin as well.
So if you are heading out to the pool or beach this summer, check out some of our tips on how to keep your skin happy and healthy and avoid aging your precious skin while catching some rays.
Simple ways to keep your Skin Happy and Healthy
1. Moisturize often. Soon as we wake up we put moisturizer on our very dry skin; I love to use the Aveeno Baby line for myself and my princess. It smells great, not overpowering and has the right amount moisture for our skin. Why only let babies use it? I want beautiful skin, too. The Aveeno Baby daily moisturizer is a great addition to our morning routine, easy to pump out and my princess can use it on her own. If we spend time at the pool or the sun we use it in the morning and then again before we go to bed to keep the skin nice and hydrated, as well as after showers.
2. Use Sunscreen often! If you are spending anytime at all outside, use sunscreen to keep your skin healthy and from burning as well as hydrated while you are having fun. Aveeno has a wonderful line of Sunscreen, so slather it on and enjoy some rays… just whatever you do… Don’t walk outside without the sunscreen. It will keep your skin looking younger for longer you will thank me 10 years from now!
3. Try to stay in the shade if at all possible. Direct sunlight will put a lot of stress on your skin, so try to stay in the shade if at all possible, you will still get a nice tan, just without all the heat and drying out of your skin. Again, keyword is keep your skin hydrated.
4. Shower off the chemicals. After a day at the pool or even on the beach you skin took in a lot of chemicals; wash them off as soon as you get home. We like to use the Aveeno Baby Wash to clean off and give us a nice calm feeling and trust me, a nice cold shower will work wonders and you will feel refreshed as well.
5. If the UV index for your area is too high, just stay inside for a bit. Every burn can lead to skin cancer and also dry out your skin, making you look a lot older then you are. Is this a chance you want to take? Go to the pool or beach in the early morning or late afternoon to avoid the heat as much as possible. Also drink lots of water to stay hydrated, if you are hydrated well so is your skin.
Some simple ideas on how to keep your skin healthy this summer, yet still enjoying the great outdoors. I know we spend lots of time outside in Florida but we do have to take good care of our skin. Aveeno is a great option to include in your daily skin routine that will hydrate your skin without a greasy feeling and the Baby line has very little fragrance, making it a perfect option for everyone in your family. Let’s stay happy and healthy all summer long.
Do you have tips on how to keep your skin happy and healthy this summer? Would love to hear it.
For more information about Aveeno Baby Care, be sure to visit the website or follow on Facebook. Of course you can pick up your own Aveeno baby Care line at any of your favorite local retailer like Walmart, Target or drugstores. You will feel a difference and your skin will be baby soft again, too. Of course this Baby line is amazing for babies… but if you have older kids it will works just as well!!! Not only for babies….
We received the product for our honest review; all opinions are 100% our own and no other compensation was nor will be received. Affiliated links may be included in the post.