I’m a Popsicle Summer Fun #Ambassador; I was compensated for this post, but all opinions and ideas are 100% my own and not influenced by anyone or anything.
Summertime is here and the kids are all expecting to be entertained, feed and kept happy 24/7. My kids wake up and ask for what’s for breakfast, lunch and dinner; after we go through our menu plan they ask “What are we doing today”; so when I was asked to be a Popsicle Brand Ambassador I knew it would be a lot of fun to come up with ideas on how to keep the kids busy this summer.
We love Popsicle’s in our home, so it was exciting to accept this new assignment and share with you guys a lot of fun tips and ideas with Popsicle share some recipes, crafts and yes… Giveaways as well. I promise you will find something to keep your little ones busy over the next few months I will post some cool ideas or just some of our own tips in hopes to make your little ones stop saying “Mom… I’m bored”.
To kick of the summer, grab a box of your favorite Popsicle product, whether it is the Sugar Free Orange, Cherry or Grape Popsicle or the new Swirlz treats, they are all amazing and will keep everyone entertained for a few minutes while you stroll through our five tips to keep the kids busy this summer…..
Mom…. I’m bored …..
1. Keep a Craft Box handy; add everything from Popsicle sticks to strings, stickers and markers and let the kids pull out the box anytime a rainy day shows up. Get creative and let the kids be creative. You will be surprised of the outcome.
2. Keep a snack box handy; add your little ones favorite snacks for easy access whenever they are looking for a snack. No more… MOM… I don’t like this can you get me this… let them pick their own and also let them help pick out the snacks for the snack box; you could keep one snack box in the fridge with cold stuff like Jell-O, yogurt and fruit; one in the freezer with waffles, popsicles, frozen fruit and one in the cabinet with cereal, crackers and gummies.
3. Keep a Movie Box handy; you know summer won’t be all Sun and Fun; there will be lots of rainy days; at least down here in Florida. Make a box with your kid’s favorite movies and add some popcorn and maybe movie candy and drink boxes for a fun movie day on the couch. Let the kids pick a movie and for the next 90 minutes you will be pleasantly surprised how quiet the house can be.
4. Keep an outdoor box handy; that includes balls, jump rope, chalk and many other small things that can stay in a box that is easily transported from the house to maybe a park or friend’s house. Keep it simple; remember the old jump games we used to play when we were little? All we needed was an elastic band and we had lots of fun… keep the simple fun going, bring back the “back in the day” games and memories.
5. Take a trip; if all else fails and your are in one of the lucky areas where the popsicle Pop-Up Mobile will show up for a party, head on out for a day of fun! Popsicle has kicked off their summer across America tour and will be popping up in neighborhoods all across the US; to see if the tour will come to your neighborhood be sure to check the Facebook page and if you are one of the lucky ones, be sure to let me know how much fun I missed and share pictures with me on my Facebook page. I have heard from friends in Pennsylvania that were lucky last weekend and they had a BLAST!! Trust me… this will be a HIT with your kids.
But if you aren’t in an area where the Popsicle pop-up Mobile will show up; no worries, you can head over to the Party Page and download your very own Pop-Up party kit to have your very own summer fun in your backyard, just add your Popsicle of choice and let the fun begin.
Now you shouldn’t hear those threaded “Mom.. I’m bored” words as often this summer…. if all else fails, just plop a Popsicle into the kids mouth and call it a day…..
Happy Summer Y’all
For more information about Popsicle and the amazing Summer Fun they have planed or to see what new popsicle flavor is available, be sure to visit the website, friend Popsicle on Facebook or Twitter to keep up with all the cool summer fun … Stay tuned for my next Popsicle post in July, it will be a lot of fun and until then why don’t you head over to a good friend of mine, Alicia from The Mama Report and see what she has to say about Popsicles and find out who actually is the Popsicle lover in her house.