1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 French Bread or 12 slices soft bread
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a small bowl stir in 1/2 cup of the brown sugar.
- Butter 1 side of each piece of bread and layer two slices deep in the pan – sprinkle 1/2 cup brown sugar on each layer.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon together. Pour the mixture evenly over the bread.
- Cover and place the pan in the refrigerator overnight
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes (uncovered) or until the bread is browned at 350 degrees.
You can add nuts, fruits like Blueberries, or maybe even bananas to the pan and bake it for a twist. You can use any type of bread you like even regular sandwich bread, wheat, French bread or anything you feel like.
I used two small pans but you can use the 9×13 as well.
This was soo yummy we had no leftovers and my oldest son who of course like every teenager was still sleeping missed out, my husband and son and baby girl ate it all….
I love to prepare breakfast the night before and then just pop it in the oven and sit back and wait…. Makes the house smell soo yummy, too…