I thought it would be fun to make a list of some crazy laws around the world. What crazy laws do you have in your state or country…I would love to hear them.
- In Louisiana, biting someone with your natural teeth is considered “simple assault,” but biting someone with your dentures is “aggravated assault.”
- In Athens, Greece, a driver’s license can be taken away if the driver is thought to be either “poorly dressed” or “unbathed”.
- In France, it is forbidden to call a pig Napoleon.
- In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.
- In Florida, unmarried women who parachute on Sundays can be jailed.
- In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
- In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague.
- In England, it is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
- It England, it is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the Queen upside down.
- Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know, yet you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing.
- Navy ships that enter London Port must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.
- In Minnesota, hanging male and female under garments on the same washing line is against the law.
- North Carolina has made it illegal to swear in front of dead people.
- In Iowa, horses are breaking the law if they eat a fire hydrant.
- In South Bend, Indiana, a monkey was found guilty of smoking which was against the law at the time. ?????????
There are so many crazy laws, I just had to laugh reading some of them…hope that made your day