Photo Credit: Money Saving Queen
You planned your trip, you made it through the store and now you have bags upon bags of groceries sitting in your kitchen. What are you to do with your bounty? Start your stockpile and be proud!
There are many ways to store your stockpile and it all depends upon how much space you have to work with. You will find some really creative ideas out there if you do a quick Google search.
Stockpile Storage Ideas:
- A clear over the door shoe organizer for smaller products on a pantry door.
- Under the bed plastic storage bins that are labeled.
- Shelving units in your basement, garage and pantry.
- Utilize under your sink cupboards and use cardboard boxes for shelves in those cupboards.
- Get free boxes from the grocery stores to fill if you don’t have shelving units.
- Use cardboard 12 pack can boxes for rotating soup storage.
- Ask the grocery store if you can have their cardboard organizers that they use on their shelves if they are empty.
- Make a peg board to store things that don’t sit on shelves well, like razors
Photo Credit: SouthernCaliSaver
You want to keep your stockpile organized and rotated so things don’t spoil. What is the point of having a stockpile if the food goes bad?
There are things in my stockpile that I just will not share and you need to decide what those things are for yourself. In my house I don’t share Tide, toilet paper, tissues, diapers or paper towel. These are things that I can’t get free most of the time so people know that they are off limits. Everything else is fair game for anyone coming into my house!
I am very blessed to have a large house so I keep a mini stockpile in the upstairs closet so I know that we won’t run out of anything if our friends come over and raid the basement. It might take you a little while to figure out what works for your home but it will constantly change as your stockpile gets bigger.
Mallery blogs about coupons and living a frugal lifestyle at Mallery’s Deals. You can also find her embracing her flaws at Horrible Housewife ~THANKS Mallery for being my Coupon Guest Blogger while we are in Germany.
P.s. we also have a BUNCH of other Coupon Classes and info, be sure to check them all out HERE